A lot of cities claim to be the best one around, but can they hold a flame to San Diego? Read on to see why we here at Red Door are all 😍 over this city!
In San Diego, you can roll out of bed, surf, enjoy a California burrito, and then polish it off with a pint of local craft brew (Ballast Point, Stone, Groundswell—the options are endless). What else could you ask for? Our team takes pride in being able to work here every day, and when we’re not in the office, we’re out soaking up everything that this beautiful city has to offer. These are just some of the reasons why we believe San Diego dominates the rankings:
1. First, we have gorgeous weather
Sorry East Coast, but this really is what it looks like year-round.
2. Our closets are full of sandals and flip flops
It’s always open-toe shoe season.
3. You can start your day at a local coffee shop
With a side of avocado toast. Because, #health.
4. There’s many ways to indulge your morning sweet tooth
So many donut shops. Must. Try. Them. All.
5. Mexico is just a short drive away
Sometimes you just want to fulfill that taco craving.
6. You don’t have to actually leave the country for a killer burrito
Besides, Nico’s doesn’t make you go through Border Patrol.
Hey, look! It really does snow in California!
Every single day of the week.
7. There are countless places to spend happy hour
In San Diego, every hour is a happy hour.
8. We have all the food
Just go to Hodad’s. You’ll understand.
9. We take #TacoTuesday very seriously
As we should.
10. We have tons of local ice cream shops
We scream for San Diego ice cream!
11. We can always go for a healthy alternative
Acai date, anyone?
To balance out all the burritos and donuts.
12. There’s a lot of hiking trails to venture out on
Torrey Pines vs. Potato Chip: which is better?
13. You can catch a game at beautiful Petco Park
Do you really need a winning team to have fun?
14. There’s plenty of water sports to try
And don’t forget the waterproof camera!
15. Beach days are totally acceptable during Winter
No need for snow shovels here. Sand shovels, yes.
Once you’ve lived in this city it’s hard to live anywhere else. If we’ve convinced you to consider a move, our own team is always expanding—take a look at our careers page and see what your future could be like in America’s Finest City.