< Back to Main Blog
Top 24 Reasons Why San Diego Truly is America’s Finest City
A lot of cities claim to be the best one around, but can they hold a flame to San Diego? Read on to see why we here at Red Door are all 😍 over this city!
In San Diego, you can roll out of bed, surf, enjoy a California burrito, and then polish it off with a pint of local craft brew (Ballast Point, Stone, Groundswell—the options are endless). What else could you ask for? Our team takes pride in being able to work here every day, and when we’re not in the office, we’re out soaking up everything that this beautiful city has to offer. These are just some of the reasons why we believe San Diego dominates the rankings:
1. First, we have gorgeous weather
Sorry East Coast, but this really is what it looks like year-round.
2. Our closets are full of sandals and flip flops
It’s always open-toe shoe season.
3. You can start your day at a local coffee shop
With a side of avocado toast. Because, #health.
4. There’s many ways to indulge your morning sweet tooth
So many donut shops. Must. Try. Them. All.
5. There are several different farmer’s markets to explore
There’s one practically every day of the week.
6. You can enjoy a pint of craft beer anywhere
There’s never a shortage of local breweries.
7. Mexico is just a short drive away
Sometimes you just want to fulfill that taco craving.
8. You don’t have to actually leave the country for a killer burrito
doesn’t make you go through Border Patrol.
9. You can take a quick drive up into the mountains
Hey, look! It really does snow in California!
10. Nothing beats the beach
Every single day of the week.
11. You can take a boat ride on the bay
Get the crew and capt’n ready.
12. There are countless places to spend happy hour
In San Diego, every hour is a happy hour.
13. We have all the food
Just go to Hodad’s
. You’ll understand.
14. We take #TacoTuesday very seriously
15. Julian apple pies are simply the best, FYI
Julian Pies > everyone else’s.
16. We have tons of local ice cream shops
We scream for San Diego ice cream!
17. We can always go for a healthy alternative
18. You can take yoga classes with friends
To balance out all the burritos and donuts.
19. There’s a lot of hiking trails to venture out on
Torrey Pines vs. Potato Chip: which is better?
20. You can catch a game at beautiful Petco Park
Do you really need a winning team to have fun?
21. There’s plenty of water sports to try
And don’t forget the waterproof camera!
22. Beach days are totally acceptable during Winter
No need for snow shovels here. Sand shovels, yes.
23. Every night, there’s a gorgeous sunset
If you don’t Snapchat it, it didn’t happen!
24. Sunny days turn into the most gorgeous nights
SERIOUSLY. Look at how beautiful that is.
Once you’ve lived in this city it’s hard to live anywhere else. If we’ve convinced you to consider a move, our own team
is always expanding—take a look at our careers page and see what your future could be like in America’s Finest City.