< Back to Main Blog
Jordan Recaps Pubcon Las Vegas 2014
When it comes to Internet marketing events, Pubcon Vegas is always a must. As usual, Pubcon Las Vegas 2014 was an amazing event! Each year, the conference offers incredible networking opportunities and content. While the conference may have started with just SEO’s, there’s something available for every marketer who attends.
I was involved in two content marketing panels, including:
Content Marketing Sessions
I had the pleasure of both moderating and speaking at the conference on content marketing panels with amazing folks. We discussed strategies and tactics for creating, promoting, and analyzing content marketing performance.
SEO and Content Marketing Relationships
Steve Floyd, Kate Morris, and Carolyn Shelby
Moderator: Jordan Kasteler
Content Strategy and Content Marketing
Jordan Kasteler (check out my presentation slides), Dan Sturdivant, and Pete Sheinbaum
Moderator: Selena Narayanasamy
U.S. Search Awards
While this was the second year that Pubcon hosted the US Search Awards, it was my first year attending. The SEO tool company, Linkdex
, invited me to their table. Companies and individuals were featured as winners of 19 different search categories; I enjoyed seeing the key player who have been on their A-game this year.
• UX and Marketing worlds are finally meeting and have a lot to learn from each other
• Google Hummingbird has changed how we create content for the better
• If you want to turn your customers into brand advocates, start with your employees
• Pre-planning conference sessions can be difficult when Google is always changing (for example, there was a planned session on Google Authorship, which was recently dropped by Google, and the speaker had to focus mainly on Google+, instead)
• Bring a suit for Vegas events, but not for the conference itself!