< Back to Main Blog
We:30 of the Week: Pilar!
We:30 is a weekly tradition here at Red Door Interactive, in which we take the time to celebrate and feature an employee who exemplifies our core values to inspire, share, evolve, exceed, and be 100% jerk-free. We:30 also gives us a chance to learn some interesting and fun facts about the featured employee!
- I am married to the Operations Manager, Andy Bower. I recently turned 38 and we have been together since I was 19 years old, so that’s officially half of my life! I know, I know - he’s so great and so funny.
- I have one sister Marissa, who is less than two years younger than me and was only one grade behind me throughout school. She is my best friend and she lives in Florida with my brother-in-law and my awesome almost-4 nephew, Caleb. For living across the country, we are lucky to see them often.
- If I could do any other job, it would be a zookeeper. I love animals and keep many live zoo cams bookmarked on my computer. My own little wild animal is my cat Puzzle who Andy picked out as a kitten. If you are nice and like cats, I will put you on the list for her Super Sweet 16 birthday party in April.
- I wish I could claim I was Hogwarts alumni (but I am still a proud alumni of The U – University of Miami). Besides Harry Potter, I read A LOT of books – mostly crime fiction.
- I have seen every episode of “Friends” multiple times. When I moved from Miami to LA in 2004, my main goal was to work on something Friends related. I got my wish working at The Hollywood Reporter, and I was involved in the series finale special edition. I even had Lisa Kudrow’s managers’ phone number and corrected a typo in an ad with Courteney Cox’s name (it was missing the extra “e”). Sometimes I endearingly refer to Andy as “Manica” – you know you get it.
- In 2009 I secretly created the profile and tweeted as @Dos_Equis_Guy for 3 months. I had thousands of followers, some celeb replies, and even a week-long argument with @bcuban (Brian Cuban, Mark’s brother). It was fun to be the Most Interesting Man in the World as a 30-something woman but it became too much work to keep up, so I just got bored and closed the account one day.
- I am quite literally a walking science experiment – you can read more on my blog if you are interested: http://www.justbeecuzzzz.com/
- My top 5 strengths are: Harmony, Adaptability, Maximizer, Learner, Intellection. My Adaptability has come into play as I have evolved at Red Door over the past 7 years – I originally started in Client Services before the CCM team even existed and evolved as we learned more about our clients’ needs and grew as a company.
- I am the Email Marketing Manager and on the Cross Channel team here at RDI. I create the communication and messaging strategy for our clients and use data to distribute relevant and personalized content to their email subscribers. I also work with our Creative & Tech teams to implement best practices for email design and coding to help ensure it looks good and actionable in inboxes, whatever device it may be consumed on.