< Back to Main Blog
We:30 of the Week- Bill
We:30 is a weekly tradition here at Red Door Interactive, in which we take the time to celebrate and feature an employee who exemplifies our core values to inspire, share, evolve, exceed, and be 100% jerk-free. We:30 also gives us a chance to learn some interesting and fun facts about the featured employee!
This week features Bill Reals, Program Manager! Did you know…
- I was born in West Germany, while my Dad was in the Army. My family spent 2 years in Germany until returning back to the U.S.
- Growing up, my family moved every two years when my Dad's sales region would change. I lived on the East Coast, Midwest, the South, and then finally planted roots behind the “Orange Curtain” in Orange County, CA.
- I've been scuba diving since 1989 and am an avid wreck diver, cave diver and technical diver. I dive predominately in Southern California and enjoy practicing underwater videography and photography.
- Scuba diving is one of the things that keep me grounded- it's beautiful in an alien sort of way.
- My in-laws started making wine a few years ago and planted a small vineyard this year. I'm director of marketing and manual labor at the winery; it's an unpaid position. I also brew beer; it's faster, way cheaper and actually harder to make.
- I love to travel. I've been to Thailand, Canada, BVI, Puerto Rico, USVI, Mexico, England, India, Greece, Gibraltar, Spain, Germany, Italy and Poland. I suffer from wanderlust and get antsy if I haven't left the country at least once a year.
- I'm a program manager at RDI, which means I have to be a jack of all trades, or as I like to say, know enough to be dangerous.