< Back to Main Blog
We:30 of the Week: Elyse
We:30 is a weekly tradition here at Red Door Interactive, in which we take the time to celebrate and feature an employee who exemplifies our core values to inspire, share, evolve, exceed, and be 100% jerk-free. We:30 also gives us a chance to learn some interesting and fun facts about the featured employee!
This week features Elyse Cohen, Media Buyer! Did you know…
- The first 10 years of my life my family and I moved almost every year – I went to four different elementary schools between kindergarten and 5th grade. We started in San Francisco, then moved to Arizona and Georgia, we finally ended up back in the San Francisco bay area, where my parents have lived ever since.
- I was a dressage horseback rider for 9 years. My mom still horseback rides and owns the horse I grew up with. The horse’s name is Mallie and she’s a Dutch Warmblood J
- In high school I joined the dance team and learned how to tahitian dance. We ended up having to hula dance in front of the entire school.
- I have a younger sister and brother – both of them are taller than me. My sister just completed her MFA and is an amazing writer and contributor to Buzzfeed. My brother is about to start his second year at SDSU.
- I was so indecisive about where I went to college that I applied to 19 different schools – too much, I know. I ended up going to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and had the time of my life. I discovered that Napa isn’t the only “wine country” in California and fell in love with the Central Coast.
- I worked as a cashier at a local restaurant during college and volunteered with the Wheel Chair Foundation, raising money to bring wheelchairs to third world countries, like Malawi and Oaxaca. During our live auction, the auctioneer cancelled last minute and I had to step in as the auctioneer and MC.
- I graduated when I was studying in Australia. I ended my year by teaching foreign exchange students from China, India, and Japan how to speak English.
- As the Media Buyer at Red Door Interactive, I am a member of the Cross Channel Marketing team, and support both media and PPC campaign planning, execution and reporting for clients.