< Back to Main Blog
RECAP: How to Build a Performance-Based Culture
On September 11th, Red Door Interactive held a Speaker Series at the Diamond View Tower Skybox. The topic of the event was How to Build a Performance-Based Culture, featuring Garry Ridge, the CEO of WD-40 Company and co-author of Helping People Win at Work. Ridge captivated the audience as he shared personal experiences of how he transformed his company’s culture to harness business success. He provided a lot of great insights and even left us with a handful of memorable quotes to apply to business leadership, as well as everyday life. Here are five of our favorites:
Gary Ridge is everything one would look for in a leader and we are so grateful that we had the opportunity to hear from him firsthand. It was an invaluable experience and we're glad we were able to share it with our community, so thank you all for your attendance.
If you're interested in learning more about our speaker series, watch this video.
- "Not knowing is OK. Don't let your ego get in the way of asking questions."
- "Be tough-minded, but also tender-hearted."
- "Our jobs as leaders is to influence outcomes. Uncertainty worries me, but being on the front line is the fix."
- "I'll lend you my eyes, you lend me yours, and we'll see what we both can see."
- "Do the right thing and create positive, lasting memories. Treat people with respect and dignity."